The UK is a country where business is continuously blooming, thus luring foreign business peoples and investors.
Due to the high interest of business people to travel or settle in the UK, there is a variety of UK Business visas, as follows:
- Standard visitor visa for businesspeople.
- Innovator visa.
- Start-up visa.
- Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
UK Standard Visitor Visa for Businesspersons
The UK Standard Visitor Visa has replaced the previous Business Visitor Visa, alongside with several UK visa types. Persons who wish to travel to the UK for business, for short-term can apply for this visa.
The main activities that a businessperson visiting the UK on a Standard visitor visa can perform are as follows:
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews within the UK.
- Give a non-commercial non-profitable one-off or short series of talks and speeches.
- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts.
- Attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, provided the visitor is not directly selling.
- Carry out site visits and inspections.
- Gather information for their employment overseas.
- Be briefed on the requirements of a UK based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK.
You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months with a UK Standard Visitor Visa.
UK Innovator Visa
The UK innovator visa is for investors who want to set up a business in the UK or run an already established business in the UK. Eligible for application are all non-EEA and non-Swiss nationals. For those wishing to set up a business, an investment fund of at least £50,000 is required.
There are other eligibility criteria as well. If you are applying for this visa, you should prove you have the necessary means of subsistence, meet the English Language requirement and be at least 18 years of age.
You can stay in the UK for up to three years with a UK Innovator Visa. You can then apply for an extension before its expiration. After five years in the UK with this visa, you can apply for settlement in the UK.
UK Start-Up Visa
If you want to set up a business in the UK as a non-EEA and non-Swiss national, you can apply for a UK StartUp Visa.
The main criterion is that you must be endorsed by an authorized body, that is either a UK higher education institution, or a business organization with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs.
You can stay in the UK for up to 2 years with a UK Start-Up Visa.
You can apply for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa if you are from outside of the EEA and Switzerland. You must meet one of the following:
- You are the only representative of an overseas company which is planning to set up a branch in the UK or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
- You are an employee of an overseas medium, as a newspaper, a news agency or a broadcasting organization, with a long-term assignment in the UK.
This visa enables you to stay in the UK for an initial period of 3 years. You can then apply for an extension of two years. After five years in the UK, you can apply for settlement.
INTERESTED IN MIGRATING TO THE UK?
REGISTER NOW FOR FREE IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT
Val Morgan Immigration Advisers are a leading UK Law Firm with offices in London and Dubai who specialize in ( UK Immigration from Dubai ) through business set for business owners, professionals & investors.
Please feel free to contact Val Morgan Consultancy:
Contact No. +971 4 2443032
Address: 806. SABA 1, Cluster E, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, UAE